View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 02:41 AM

Oh yeah, and while I'm asking for the moon...

...I realized that instead of / addition to asking for a 'Control' menu...

I should just ask for appleScript support.

And then I looked with Script Editor, and lo and behold... there already is an AppleScript Dictionary! Hooray! Thanks, Dave Nanian!

Now I just need to convince YellowMug to allow hotkeys to trigger applescripts, instead of directly controlling iTunes...

So instead, I'll ask about these things that SizzlingKeys has and netTunes doesn't, yet:
  • Toggle Shuffle
It would be nice to be able to toggle the shuffle mode on the remote iTunes instance. Normally I leave things in Shuffle, but when something comes on that I like, it's great to be able to hit a key and disable shuffle to stay within that album.
  • Remote Volume Up / Down
The volume thing I can handle, but it'd be nice if there were commands that would increment or decrement the remote iTunes' volume level by some fixed amount, like 5 or 10. (or, user settable... )
  • Remote Album Art
Finally, and this is total minutiae, but, it'd be great if there was a way for an applescript to request the graphic object of the remote iTunes' album art. But that's totally icing on the cake. And then I'd have to convince YellowMug to ALSO allow display of SizzlingKeys' floater window with data from an AppleScript... So I'll shut up now.

Thanks!