View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
This problem sounds more like a drive lockup/failure than some sort of issue of running DW and then SD - it's more coincidence than anything else.
I would normally agree with that but my system is rock solid and so is SuperDuper cloning. This was only the second time in almost a year that I've been forced to shut down my laptop (the other incident was unrelated).

This has never happened before performing a smart update and I've been using SuperDuper for many, many years.

This was the first time I've ever run Diskwarrior before performing a smart update. It was the only factor that was different before this highly unusual event.

I rebuilt the clone from scratch and no issues. Could it be it was just stuck temporarily and I just should have waited it out?

Also, I'm seeing others mention issues where files are changed with Diskwarrior so it takes longer for them as well afterwards. So it seems running Diskwarrior does seem to affect clones.

I'm using Diskwarrior version 4.4 by the way. Perhaps something has changed with this version of DW.