View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Okay, now what

Dave, I apologize for the length of this reply .. it's just that I'm trying to ask very exact questions .. so thanks in advance.

1) when SuperDuper clones my internal hard drive, does it just skip over the Boot Camp partition and pretend it's not there? and the same question in reverse, that is, when SD restores my internal hard drive, does it just skip over the Boot Camp partition and just leave it alone? I think the answer to both is "yes" because SD would consider each partition a separate drive.

2) do you endorse my proposed approach to use Disk Utility to just create a disk image of the Boot Camp partition?

3) I apologize for the following seemingly dumb question, but the truth is that it's been like-forever since I've partitioned any drive, internal or external (with large HDs being so inexpensive). I'm hoping that my memory isn't that awful when I recall that Disk Utility addresses a 2nd, or nth, partition as a separate drive.

That being said, let's assume some nasty software glitch makes my entire internal drive unusable. Obviously the primary and Boot Camp partitions are still in tact, but their contents aren't. Are the next steps the ones I should take:

(1) restore the primary partition with SD
(2) restore the Boot Camp partition with Disk Utility

Last edited by john love; 10-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.