Thread: Old to new!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Old to new #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwe View Post
<snip>

Before I make a stupid mistake, can someone please confirm that before replacing my existing h/d, I make an up to date backup to my ext h/d then when the new h/d is installed I can then copy the backup from my ext h/d to the new int one.

<snip>

Michael.
Hello dnanian.

Thanks for a great product. Been using it for years now.

My question is similar to the one (quoted above) that started this thread.

I bought a new iMac 27 about a month ago. The harddrive on it (and some others in the same manufacturing run) were recalled by Apple.

I have already configured mine much to my liking, including backing up with Superduper to an external, bootable Firewire 800 Lacie drive.

I've confirmed that each of the three bootable partitions I made and imaged to are bootable and work fine.

As I'm disabled, Apple has allowed me to avoid having to drag the 27" behemoth into the Genius bar here in Tulsa and sent me another iMac exactly the same as the first one, except with a harddrive that is expected to make it to MTBF.

The machines are same model and configured exactly alike, but the latest one made about a month later with a different harddrive.

Can I just restore my backup of the recalled one to the new one.

The Smartdrive report has verified the recalled drive in the original iMac is OK.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Walter