View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 12:05 AM

Thanks for those thoughts. Yes, I'm aware that other solutions exist--my favorite (theoretically so far, because I'm a Python addict) is rdiff-backup (http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/index.html).

And, yes, I was using Tiger rsynch before (and the UM customized rsynch before that) and found they all had reliability problems. So I gave up on those. rdiff-backup I haven't tried, so it is still theoretically useful.

And I'm currently using Apple "asr" on my server for volume image backups, so can live with with command lines, as long as they're reliable.

Since SuperDuper is so reliable and drop-dead easy to use (with a nice GUI), I was hoping to find out if others on this board agreed that this would be a great feature (or a great different product) to have.

And, yes, Dave, I understand that my paltry ca. $500 ain't gonna pay for development. I was hoping to hear others chime in with "sure, I'd pay for that!" to the point where you got some sense it might pay over the medium term. (No product is a drop-dead sure thing in the short term.)