Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
If the drive isn't connected, LaunchServices shouldn't create the extra entries at all. They're only there because you have additional applications on other attached drives, of course.

There's no such thing as "backup on monday at 10 and when the drive is connected". It's an "or", not an "and".
Yeah, I got that the extra entries won't be created when no drive is connected, but once the drive has been connected and you then disconnect will the entries remain indefinitely until you manually rebuild the LaunchServices database?

Ok, I didn't mean at Monday at 10 and drive connected, but rather on Monday (no specific time) and drive connected. Doesn't it then mean that the way that you have these two independent options that if I have these two schedules:

- Monday through Friday @ 10pm or when connected full backup to "DAILY"
- Sunday @ 10pm or when connected full backup to "WEEKLY"

where "DAILY" and "WEEKLY" are partitions on same drive. I cannot distinguish to between the two destinations?

Basically, it seems that I will have to show the user how to start SuperDuper manually and then choose the correct partition and then initiate the backup and also remind them via iCal to do a daily backup.