View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 08:29 PM

Many thanks dnanian,

First, on the version, I'm using SuperDuper! 1.5.3(v72).

I'm now trying to launch Eudora v6.2
On launch, I get the error: "Eudora cannot continue. Error opening your settings file. -5000 {12:1942}"

The Eudora Settings file is stored in ~/Documents/Eudora Folder/Eudora Settings

So, this one seems easier to diagnose than the preference issue, because it actually does have different privs to the original. The enclosing directory on the new system:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx    30 root      unknown       1020 12 Dec 17:05 Eudora Folder
The enclosing directory on the old system:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx    30 mkrueger  unknown       1020 10 Dec 13:47 Eudora Folder
So, somehow during the dupe, it appears the owner got changed from mkrueger to root. Here is the actual file on the new system:

Code:
-rw-r--r--      1 root      unknown       0 10 Dec 23:17 Eudora Settings
and on the old system:

Code:
-rw-r--r--      1 mkrueger  unknown       0 10 Dec 23:17 Eudora Settings
Seems to be the same issue for both the enclosing folder and the file. I wonder why it changed. Is there some setting in SuperDuper! I might have wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
Hm... what you did should certainly work OK, as long as you're running a recent version of SuperDuper! (meaning 1.5 or later). I don't know of any case where permissions would get changed or cloned improperly.

In this case, I'd need to see the permissions for the involved files and directory. Unfortunately, since you've moved Preferences already we can't use that as an example, but if you have another case that'd help. Do an ls -l on both the file that's failing and its enclosing folder.

Thanks -- we'll hopefully be able to figure this out.