View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:21 PM

Cool Minor oddities following full restore

Hi, recently my startup disk failed and I had to do a full restore on to my replacement startup disk using a backup previously created by SuperDuper!, and I noticed a few minor oddities. Nothing disastrous, just strange; the restore was basically a success.

Here are the oddities I noticed:
• Users' wallpaper not displaying - I noticed this before when testing backups by booting them
• After booting the restored drive, an application I've never seen before called "Interface Builder" was bouncing in my Dock, which then popped up a dialog:
The document "GoToMarker.nib" could not be opened. An instance of NSProTextField could not be decoded.
• Some songs in my iTunes library had broken references - e.g. instead of referencing the original mp3 file, a song would reference some random file like "/System/Library/Automator/Open Finder Items.action/Contents/Resources/fi.lproj/main.nib/keyedobjects.nib"
• Some of the shortcuts in Finder's Sidebar were broken, possibly due to the same underlying cause

As mentioned above, none of these issues were showstoppers. I could easily reset my wallpaper, rebuild my iTunes library, and recreate the shortcuts in Finder's Sidebar, so everything is working great now.

I just wondered if these are known issues, and if so what causes them?

Last edited by jmsgwd; 09-27-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Formatting