View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:04 AM

Okay, 2 questions...

I have always used Carbon Copy Cloner, and recently was told about SuperDuper! and how amazing and better it was, so I decided to give it a try.

But I am running into a little problem... Well, first off, I should ask, just to make sure... If I make a back up of all files, I can use the external to boot, right? It makes a copy of the entire system?

Okay, but here is my problem... I run the back up of all files, 500gb external, 320 internal, I get 89gbs into the back up, and it tells me the external is full, which only had 40kb left on it. Now, I have never seen this before every doing a back up, so this morning I started running it again, and I saw on the SuperDuper! app that 1.73gb had been backed up, and I "got info" on the external drive, and it told me 3.98gb had been used. So now I know why it ran out of space, because it doubles what is backed up.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it with SuperDuper I need a drive twice the size to make a full back up?

Any help would be great, thanks, and so far, I really like the app. I hope I get it to work so I can continue to use it.

Thanks