View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM

The Windows XP SP2 instances must be native for a variety of reasons that involve highly specialized external hardware devices, so virtual stuff will not work. This strategy is possible, because via Leopard and Boot Camp once an instance of Windows XP SP2 is booted, it is running on Intel-based hardware natively, which makes it the same as if it were running on a "beige box" without any emulation or virtualization, which is the only way I can sell the idea to my clients . . .

Initially, I will need to do a bit of verification probably on a 20" iMac to confirm that a Windows XP SP2 instance truly is native in every respect, including being able to install external hardware, and if this works, then it provides a complete solution that avoids having to get a bunch of DELL computers, which in turn opens the fabulous door to selling Windows clients on the idea of using Apple computers instead of DELL computers, which then puts iPhone and iPod touch on the table, along with a lot of other stuff (including eventually doing native OS X application and system development) . . .

Thanks!