View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:23 AM

Question Import clone image on new hard drive after repair

Hey,

I had to send my laptop for repair a few days ago and just received an e-mail saying that, due to a hard drive problem, they will change it and so i'll get a fresh copy of OS X on the new one. Hopefully i made a complete clone image before sending it but i'm wondering how i will import this clone image on the new hard drive...
At the moment i'm on an old PC so i can't read the manual of SuperDuper. Do you have any PDF versions so that i could read it before receiving my laptop back? I really liked to import my old hard drive image to the new one the most easy and fast way possible as i'm a student and i'm in exams, so when i'll get my laptop back i don't want to spend 3 days to reinstall everything.
I looked on the forums and the website but there doesn't seem to be a PDF version of the manual. Don't hesitate to just give me a link (if existing) rather than explaining the whole process.

Thanks!

PS: Maybe the process is really easy and universal for every type of clone image using Disk Utility (i suppose) but i'm a switcher so i never did that before, sorry!