View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Why do you have it in a user's Application folder rather than in /Applications?

It sounds like you have a bunch of copies of SD! installed that you shouldn't.
I probably wasn't clear enough. Until a few hours ago there was only one copy of SD installed, and it resided in /Applications, ie, the original problem occurred and persisted with only one copy of SD installed.

Then, to start with a slate as clean as possible, I created a new user account, installed a fresh copy of SD in that new user account to get a new install without changing anything in my existing system. Things did not work initially but after a re-login, they worked.

Back in my main account, things still did not work (even after carrying out your four steps twice). So, I thought, maybe I do need a fresh install of SD. And to again keep the existing system as it was, I installed the new copy in my user's Application folder. And thankfully that worked, so either placing SD in my user folder or the action of 're-installing' SD solved it.

Just for verification I again deleted all schedules (incl. folder in ~/Library/...) and running the copy of SD in /Applications. That was not successful and it also broke the 'work-around' (SD in ~/Applications). But I was able to re-activate my work-around (presumably by deleting the content of the Saved Settings folder and/or by recreating the schedule from the copy of SD in ~/Applications).

My next step is to delete everything related to SD in my user Library and try again. Then also replace SD in /Applications and try again. But that will happen tomorrow because my backup disk is now in its usual off-site location.

So, in short, whenever I set the schedule from a copy of SD inside a user folder things worked. This might be because of the location or because that was associated with a 're-install'.