View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:27 PM

Thumbs down Unhappy Camper

I'm really disappointed with the situation here.

I have been backing up my 10.5.x install for a month or so using SuperDuper with out any knowledge of it's inability to properly perform it's job. There really should have been some information passed along to the user via the application interface regarding this. This is not a minor thing! Not everyone follows all the blogs & forums for each piece of software they buy.

As for the decision to add Time Machine support, I wish there was a "dot" release before the "new features" release to get things working on Leopard. I am sure there are a heck of a lot of people out there who are upgrading to Leopard who can do without Time Machine. I'm also quite sure there aren't that many people out there who are willing to upgrade to Leopard and forgo backing up for the couple of months it takes you guys to catch up.

I feel you dropped the ball on this one guys. If I hadn't tried rebooting from my backup this past week out of habit I wouldn't even know the danger I was in! Now I have to check out CCC or Disk Utility to hold me over until the next SuperDuper release comes out.