View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
I'm not sure what to suggest, supuhee: Terminal is not suggesting clearing your Applications folder, but rather Launch Services is indicating that these particular applications have poorly formed Info.plist files. That seems to be preventing scanning: perhaps the applications have been updated?
No, Terminal is on a vendetta. Note that it is flagging apps in inverse alphabetical order: Cocoa Booklet -- Clix -- Chop -- and this morning, "Check Preference Files". Age is not the issue: although Chop is ancient (2003), the others are current or only one version before the latest.

A fix that seems to have worked this morning is to make a brand-new clone. The previous Sandbox, made from MacHD after reinitializing the drive and cloning MacHD back from a Firewire drive, had some birthing problems because I had mistakenly chosen the "Backup - all files" option. That gave me an error message when the 9 GB partition was full, and when I changed it to Safety Clone, I foolishly chose smart update rather than starting from scratch. Presumably I got a hybrid that did not have all the required features of a safety clone.