View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM

Not Sure How SuperDuper Fits into This Situation

Hi!

I've been backing up with SuperDuper once a week for several years now. But I haven't really needed a backup until now, and I'm not sure how to use it.

Long story short, my macbook (snow leopard) froze, I restarted it, and now it won't go past the gray screen (it just spins and spins). I've been going by this support page:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2570

I've done safe mode, reset PRAM, and used disk utility which found nothing. I'm now at Archive and Install, or Erase and Install.

I realize that SuperDuper isn't responsible for mac support and I won't hold you responsible if my macbook blows up, but I was curious if I should go with Erase and Install over Archive and Install since I have a complete copy of my hard drive on an exterior drive thanks to SuperDuper.

And if the answer is Erase and Install, how exactly do I do that? Do I install a fresh OS using Snow Leopard, and then use SuperDuper? Or can I just use the SuperDuper copy and get it on my macbook somehow. Since I've never used a SuperDuper backup, I have no idea how to use it.

Again, I'm sorry I'm so confused, but any help or pointing in the right direction would be very appreciated.