Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clone won't smart update (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4958)

bazmond7854 01-26-2009 01:09 AM

Clone won't smart update

Hi
After having my HD replaced I re-installed the system off a clone I made with Super Duper. All was good, after a few weeks of testing I went to update the clone to the current system, thinking that using smart update it would only update files that had changed.

It didn't regonise the Imac HD name(although it was the same as when the clone was made), I reselected the imac hard drive. Super Duper then tried to make an entire new back-up, which didn't fit on the partitioned disc and stopped half way through. Is this normal?

I am now doing an erase disk then copy HD.

dnanian 01-26-2009 11:06 AM

I'd really need to see the log; if you could, send it to me @ support with the "Send to shirt pocket" button.

bazmond7854 01-26-2009 07:55 PM

COD 4 issue

Thanks for the reply Dave, I sent the log via the log report. I got around the initial problem by doing an erase disk then back up, which appears to have worked fine.

One more thing is in the original clone, Call Of Duty 4 single player would not work although it worked fine on the machine. Because of a hard drive replacement I had to use the clone, the single player has not worked since, "quits unexpectantly". I see on your forums others have had similar issues.
I have been in contact with Aspyr over the past few weeks, we have tried everything we can think of, reinstalling game , chaging permissions I have sent crash logs, system profiles etc with no success. Aspyr as of this morning have given up on it "only a small percentage of customers are experiencing this".
I am wondering if you ever found a solution.
Do you think "fix-prebinding.sh.zip" would help?

dnanian 01-26-2009 08:29 PM

I'm not actually going to reply to this, since -- sadly -- Brian is using a pirated copy of SD.

bazmond7854 01-27-2009 11:30 AM

Super Duper was installed by a friend, I was led to belieive it was a free to use program.
I have since puchased the program from shirtpocket and I am terribly sorry and embarressed for any inconvenience I have caused.

dnanian 01-27-2009 12:05 PM

For those who might be confused about this, the unregistered version of SuperDuper! is, indeed, free to use. But if yours is registered, as Brian's was, to a user other than you (which is clearly indicated at the bottom of the main window), well... that's a stolen copy.

We try really hard here to provide good value for the money and a free version, too, which is feature but not time restricted. With the free version, you can make full, bootable backups -- and even get technical support -- without charge.

Please treat us the way you'd want to be treated: we try to do the same to you!