Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Superduper - launch (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6805)

Sigi 08-21-2013 02:57 PM

Superduper - launch

Hello,

on my old Imac with Lion when I opened SD I had 2 popup windows on the screen. One with the "Copy" and "To" drives to choose and a second popup with my "Scheduled Copies"

For a few days I have now a new Imac with Lion installed and everytime i launch SD I only get the first window. I then have to click on "Schedule", cancel this popup-window because I do not want to schedule a new backup and only then do I see my scheduled pop-ups.

Is that normal with Lion?

Thanks

Sigi

dnanian 08-21-2013 02:59 PM

Try Window > Scheduled Copies, Sigi. If it's open when you quit SD, it should be open when you launch it again.

Sigi 08-22-2013 12:47 AM

Hello Dave,

that did not do the trick.

Sigi

dnanian 08-22-2013 07:27 AM

Perhaps check permissions for our preferences in ~/Library/Preferences/com.blacey.superduper.plist? That's where the state of that window is stored.

Sigi 08-22-2013 12:40 PM

Hello Dave,

I have repaired permissions - I have read and write access. Found the file:

The above does not really mean a lot to me.

Sigi

dnanian 08-22-2013 01:14 PM

I edited out the file (which contained your license key - please don't post that, eh?).

So, is it read-only? You can delete it, empty your trash and then re-enter your license information to see if that helps...

Sigi 08-22-2013 04:01 PM

Hello Dave,

I deleted the file, re-entered the serial number but that did not change anything.

Sigi

dnanian 08-22-2013 04:46 PM

I really don't know why it wouldn't open the window. Are you using anything weird that might manage windows, spaces, etc? Does it work if you create a new account (as a test) and log into that?

Sigi 08-23-2013 08:02 AM

I don't think I am using anything weird. It has worked a few years on Lion. I upgraded to a new Imac with Mountain Lion. Used Migration assistant to transfer user accounts and since then I have that problem.
- I created a new admin account, did not solve the problem
- I used Appcleaner and deleted SD from my account and installed SD new
- I started the new SD and interestingly it kept somewhere the times of my scheduled copies because it proposed those timings the moment I clicked on scheduled copies. In other words, Appcleaner did not
remove everything.

Nevertheless the problem did not go away. It must have something to do with Lion and the migration of the data I guess because since then I have this issue.

Maybe I try again to uninstall SD but this time completely - could you let me know where SD stores file like the one above so that I can manually delete them - Thanks