Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How to set Permanently hard Drive as disc to be copied from (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2806)

denial 08-31-2007 10:26 PM

How to set Permanently hard Drive as disc to be copied from

I have recently purchased Superdooper for mac Tiger. If I do not leave the programme current, when Superdooper goes as scheduled to back up it tries to load to back up to the external disc but nothing is selected in the "Copy from". Thus the scheduled backup is aborted.
if i leave the progamme opened, then the required backup takes place.

has anyone any ideas?
Many thanks,

dnanian 08-31-2007 10:27 PM

That seems weird. Have you tried deleting and recreating your schedule?

denial 09-01-2007 06:06 PM

Dear Dave, many thanks for that suggestion. I have tried tht but to no avail.

I will just have to keep trying.

dnanian 09-01-2007 09:37 PM

And you're sure the drive is available, and hasn't been modified at a low level by any other tool (changing its low-level identifier, or UUID/GUID)?

denial 09-01-2007 09:54 PM

Dear Dave,
many thanks. it is not losing the external drive but rather not holding the selection of the chosen drive ie Hard drive- from which to do a backup.

dnanian 09-01-2007 10:57 PM

And you're always running from that drive? It might be helpful if you could send me a system profiler report to the support address...

denial 09-02-2007 01:25 AM

Dear Dave,
is this the report you meant?
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B00
SMC Version: 1.20f4

dnanian 09-02-2007 08:47 AM

Actually, I mean that you should choose File > Save in System Profiler, save to the default (XML) format, then archive (ZIP) that and send it to me, via email, to the support email address here at shirt pocket.

dnanian 09-03-2007 05:36 PM

OK, I received your system profiler report, and I don't see much wrong (other than your drive is likely going to run slowly because it's a USB drive that's plugged into your keyboard, or at least on the same bus).

I do see, though, that you have some old stuff from the Mac you must have migrated from installed that's causing some errors -- some input manager/hack called iPLM that you likely want to remove.

I just don't know why -- other than a bad scheduled copy -- that your schedule would come up blank. Could you try to schedule and set the time for a "few minutes from now", save that, then quit and see if it runs while you're watching?

denial 09-06-2007 04:09 PM

Dear Dnanian,
thanks so much for your help. All fixed now. Backup is operating twice a week as programmed.
Mark

dnanian 09-06-2007 04:49 PM

Glad to hear it!