Shirt Pocket Discussions

Shirt Pocket Discussions (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Super Duper Sux (https://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5967)

lolak33 11-15-2009 11:51 AM

Super Duper Sux

My super duper continues to fail every time. I have troubleshooted it so many times I am beginning to regret even getting it in the first place.
I can't even call them for help.
Is there anyone out there that could possibly walk me through this so I can finally get it up and running.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I am beyond frustrated.
-Lola K.

dnanian 11-15-2009 11:54 AM

While we don't offer telephone support, Lola, we're rather easy to get in touch with. What is your specific problem? Have you contacted me at support, or reviewed the Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide?

beaker 11-15-2009 11:54 AM

What is the issue? A little more info would be helpful..

I've used a lot of software in my time and I've found SuperDuper to be one of the easiest... I don't understand how you could be having issues with it.

lolak33 11-15-2009 11:59 AM

Super Duper sux

Every time I run the super duper it spits out a message that says-
Failed to Copy Files from L to LaCie.
When I view log is says-
| 12:28:31 AM | Error | SDCopy: Error creating hard link /Volumes/LaCie/usr/share/terminfo/6e/nsterm to /Volumes/LaCie/usr/share/terminfo/41/Apple_Terminal for inode (null)

I know that there is enough room on both the computer and LaCie.
So what should I do?

Thank you for answering me.
Trying to contact you all over there is so difficult. It is trying to force me to email you thru a mac account that I do not have. I have been unsuccessful in trying to email my normal yahoo account. I do not want a mac account. I already have enough email accounts as it is.

Not trying to be bitchy. Just frustrated!!!!!
-Lola

dnanian 11-15-2009 12:21 PM

It's quite likely that this particular file on the source is damaged, assuming that the destination drive truly has enough space. Given that, and not much other information, I would suggest an archive-and-install of OS X, as explained in the Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide. (Make sure to delete the "Previous Systems" folder, since this bad file will be moved there.)

If you configure Apple Mail with your Yahoo account information and update your "me" card in Address Book, you should be able to submit email from inside the application. But that's hardly required -- you can just send to the email address directly. Like I said: I'm rather easy to get in touch with.

lolak33 11-15-2009 03:41 PM

Hi Dave,
How do I go about doing this? I see the trouble shooting section of the guide but what exactly does this mean?
Could you give me a walk thru. I have no problem erasing the hard drive and starting new.
How would I go about doing this?
I can see that there is enough space on the back up drive. It must be a defunct file or something that is keeping the super duper from going beyond that particular point.
Help.....
Thanks Dave,
-Lola K

dnanian 11-15-2009 04:03 PM

An archive-and-install is explained in the Troubleshooting section of the User's Guide. Basically, you'll take your OSX DVD and reinstall. You don't have to erase: archive-and-install will basically write a new OS in the place of your existing one, and leave your data in place.

I don't know what version of OSX you're running, but if you're using Snow Leopard you just reinstall. If an earlier version, you'll want to select the installation option "Archive and install", and have it preserve as much as possible.